Important new stuff:
- First Friday night preview night, June 2nd 6-9pm: We invite you to open your studio the event before the first weekend starts, as a sort of Open Studios preview, or kickstart to the weekend. Participation for this evening is optional, but highly recommended, and will have a dedicated page in the guidebook, Facebook event, and radio/media promotion.
- We’re expanding event hours! 10am-5pm Saturday and Sunday of both weekends (that’s one hour earlier). Feedback told us that visitors were showing up at that time, anyway, so it shouldn’t be much of an adjustment.
- We’re bringing back the NCOS raffle! We’ll have the raffle prizes present at all of our wine pouring opportunities, community events, and our May art reception, so people can see the items in person, and buy tickets there. We’re still organizing raffle items, if you’d like to donate.
- We still want More Youth Participation! More Southern Humboldt Participation! More Artist Hot Spots! We’re always working on more variety and more artists.
Some of the best parts of NCOS are staying the same, including:
- Fees are staying the same, once again, thanks to our generous sponsors. Please thank them as you shop with them!
- The NCOS Guidebook—a full-color 40-page publication released in the North Coast Journal at the end of May, with additional copies located in galleries and other central locations throughout the county, throughout the year. Circulation is 25,000.
- This year’s NCOS Art Show & Reception is happening Saturday, May 6th. It will once again take place at Stonesthrow Boutique, in downtown Eureka (in the former Sewell Gallery location). The show will stay up through Open Studios—about six weeks—so visitors can continue to preview the event into early June.
- Once again, we’re offering reduced guidebook ad pricing for participating artists!
North Coast Open Studios is an event for and by artists. Please join us in making 2017 the best year, yet! If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me. Thank you so much for your hard work and participation. I look forward to working with you this year!
North Coast Open Studios Coordinator