Welcome to the 20th annual North Coast Open Studios!
Note: We have a new online payment processor: https://northcoastopenstudios.wedid.it/, which saves us money on processing fees.
The dates for this year’s event are Saturday and Sunday, June 2-3 and June 9-10 from 10 a.m.- 5 p.m., with the kick-off night on the first Friday, June 1, from 6-9 p.m. I’m really looking forward to this year’s event!
Some particularly important bits of information:
• It’s our event’s 20th year, and as such, we’re cooking up ways to celebrate its earliest participants. Stay tuned!
• First Friday night preview night: We’re doing it again! We invite you to open your studio on Friday, June 1, from 6-9 p.m., as a sort of Open Studios preview, or kickstart to the first weekend — for no additional participation cost! This evening is optional, and will have a dedicated section in the guidebook, Facebook event, and radio/media promotion. I highly recommend getting involved!
• Event hours are 10 a.m.- 5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday of both weekends. Last year’s feedback told us to stick with these expanded hours.
• Should we bring back the NCOS raffle? Please contact Monica (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you’d be interested in contributing an art piece to the raffle.
• Once again, we’re working on an event sponsorship specific to youth and up-and-coming artists…for whom the registration fee is a hurdle. Please contact me for more information.
• We still want More Youth Participation! More Southern Humboldt Participation! More Artist Hot Spots! We’re always working on more variety and more artists.
Some of the best parts of NCOS are staying the same, including:
• Fees are staying the same, once again, thanks to our generous sponsors. Please thank them as you shop with them!
• The NCOS Guidebook—a full-color 40-plus-page publication released in the North Coast Journal at the end of May, with additional copies located in galleries and other central locations throughout the county, throughout the year. Circulation is 25,000.
• The NCOS Art Show & Reception is happening Saturday, May 5th. We’ll be at a new location this year: Just My Type Letterpress, on the ground floor of the recently renovated Carson Block building in Old Town!
• Once again, we’re offering reduced guidebook ad pricing for participating artists! Contact Monica (email@example.com) for details.
North Coast Open Studios Coordinator