Welcome to the 22nd annual North Coast Open Studios!
The dates for this year’s event are Saturday and Sunday, June 6-7 and June 13-14 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., with the kick-off night on the first Friday, June 5, from 6-9 p.m.
Note: Secure online payments are handled through the Ink People’s website: https://www.inkpeople.org/dreammaker-data/north-coast-open-studios-ncos
Some particularly important bits of information:
- First Friday night preview night: We’re doing it again! We invite you to open your studio on Friday, June 5, from 6-9 p.m., as a sort of Open Studios preview, or kickstart to the first weekend — for no additional participation cost! This evening is optional, and we’ll have a dedicated section in the guidebook, Facebook event, and radio/media promotion. I highly recommend getting involved!
- Event hours are 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday of both weekends.
- The NCOS Art Show & Reception is happening Saturday, May 2nd, during Arts Alive. We will once again be at The Ink People’s Brenda Tuxford Gallery, across the street from the Eureka Inn, in downtown Eureka!
- Once again, we’re working on an event sponsorship specific to youth and up-and-coming artists/first time participants, for whom the registration fee is a hurdle. Please contact me for more information.
- We still want More Youth Participation! More Southern Humboldt Participation! More Artist Hot Spots! We’re always working on more variety and more artists. Please contact me with questions, or to help us accomplish our goals.
Some of the best parts of NCOS are staying the same, including:
- Fees are staying the same, once again, thanks to our generous sponsors. Please thank these local businesses as you support them!
- The NCOS Guidebook—a full-color 40-plus-page publication released in the North Coast Journal in the week before Memorial Day weekend (near the end of May), with additional copies located in galleries and other central locations throughout the county, throughout the year. Circulation is 25,000.
- Once again, we’re offering reduced guidebook ad pricing for participating artists! Contact me for details.
Coordinator, North Coast Open Studios